Miss G always included a personal note in her blogs that I enjoy. It makes readers feel like they are personally being spoken to. I appreciate her candour of being apprehensive about using Microsoft as a tool, as I too feel this same apprehension. 

Her chosen moment to reflect on multimedia learning (a french music video in highschool) is an intriguing choice. I have never done an activity like this and think it is a great way to engage older learners in foreign language translation. The use of a music video is engaging with visuals, popular music, and perhaps onscreen text. With many modes of representation, the learner can benefit from the Paivio’s Dual coding theory outlined by Sorden in his paper “The Cognitive Theory of Multimedia Learning”.

I also agree with her argument that a Learner-centred approach, as discussed by Mayer, is a better approach to multimedia instruction. By adapting technology to fit your learners and your learning outcomes, you will always have a beneficial lesson that has the intended takeaways of a multimedia lesson. 

In conclusion, Miss G had a well-balanced post of both personal and professional evaluation of both herself and her new-found knowledge of multimedia learning. I look forward to keeping up with her learning journey.