I can see myself using H5P in my future classroom. I recently took the Level one Google Educator exam and training, and in this course, they spoke of utilizing Google Classroom for homework assignments or pre-class work. I could see assigning a video for any age students as a homework assignment. I think that videos are often the most effective and engaging form of multimedia for young learners. I also understand that videos can also be a part of homework or pre-class work that is left undone. The Google training suggested that a Google form could be a good way to check for understanding once the video is watched. I see H5P as a potentially more effective way to check for understanding because the important ideas are emphasized (signalling principle) while the information is being absorbed. This protects against becoming disengaged while watching the video and then failing a quiz. Indeed, a student will watch with anticipation of a quiz, making them more engaged, and then when a question or annotation is included, it will clue them in to what points are important.  By having an application such as H5P, I can ensure that my students are not only watching the videos but also hitting the learning outcomes I was intending. 

H5P is very easy to use on both the teachers’ and students’ end. The ability to choose your content or a Youtube video allows for flexibility in how you use the application. By varying the content source you can create a different multimedia experience for your students.  In an online school setting, like what we see in schools right now, I could see creating tutorials or vlogs for my students and having annotations, quizzes, and questions added on top to make my content more engaging. This would be a good way to have an asynchronous style of learning, while still having an element of guided discovery like Mayer outlines.  I also love that I can utilize all of the amazing educational resources on Youtube as well. There is so much in the world of video creation and animation that I simply don’t have the skill set to accomplish, so having a way to use others professionally developed content, but adapt it to my learning style and learning outcomes is incredibly useful.

Overall, I am a huge fan of H5P if you couldn’t tell and truly plan on using it in my classroom.